Monday, October 19, 2009

How to Prepare Speeches For Weddings






When my brother told me he was getting married I couldn't have been happier for him. Right up until he told me, I was going to have to give a speech at the wedding. I'm not a public speaker. How do you write speeches for weddings anyway? Here it was my brother's wedding day - one of the most important days of his life and I was going to screw it up.
That's when it hit me. It was my brother's day - not mine. No one cared if I was funny or charming or had the perfect pause between my words. Speeches for weddings aren't about being a great speaker, they're about honoring the bride and groom. All at once, the pieces fell into place. Here's how I organized my speech, maybe it will work for you.
Who are you? OK, so you pick up the champagne flute and stand up - all eyes are on you. Tell them who you are. "Hi, I'm Todd's little brother." Of course, you won't say that, but let them know how you are involved, then turn that spotlight on the bride and groom.
What I love about _____: Start with what you know. Recount a story you share about the person you know best - make it something that shows the best sides of their character - and tie it in with why they will be the perfect spouse.
The day I first met ______: Next, introduce the new husband or wife to the scene. Talk about the first time you met the happy couple. Did you know that they were going to be together for years to come?
Why do you think they are good for each other: This part was easy for me. My brother and his wife really are perfect for each other. With his manic energy and undying loyalty and her calm, cool, always-prepared attitude, they are the perfect match.
Toast to the where they are going: Raise your glass; you're almost done. You can sneak in one of those cliches people use in speeches for weddings here if you really want to, or you can just wish them well on the amazing journey they are about to take together, clink your glass on theirs and take a long sip of that crisp champagne.
Congratulations! Sure, it's not your day, but you had a job to do and you've done it well. You honored someone close to you on one the biggest days of their life and you did it by writing from the heart. Now get out there on the dance floor and show them what your family is really made of!
Amaze your wedding party with the best wedding speech ever. Click Here -http://www.WeddingSpeechGuru.com

To know more aabout wedding speech visit below blog:

Brother Wedding speech
welcome wedding speech









Thank for Reading Article At Brother Wedding Speech











No comments:

Post a Comment